Firm Licensure

North Carolina Professional Corporation

- Used when forming a new NC Corporation. (PA, PC, Inc.)

North Carolina Professional Limited Liability Company

- Used when forming a new NC Company. (PLLC)

Out of State Corporations

- For use by out of state firms that are going to offer services in North Carolina. (PA, PC, Inc.)

Out of State Limited Liability Companies

- For use by out of of state firms that are going to do business in North Carolina. (PLLC)

Firm Name Change Form

- Use this form if you need to change the name of the firm. For use by any of the above listed entities.

Questions regarding firm licensure should be directed to Tyler Barrick at

Individual Licensure

Licensure by Reciprocity

- Must have NCARB certification to use this form.

Licensure by Exam - Post ARE Completion

-Must have approval from the Board before downloading this application. DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRING TO NC FROM ANOTHER STATE. If you wish to transfer, you must contact the Board office at 919-733-9544.

Application to take the Architectural Registration Exam

For more information on the ARE click on the EXAMS section to the left.

***Note that Fees are NOT refundable.***